Our Sunday School, like everything else, had to shut down this year due to the global pandemic. We had to resort to emailing activity pages to all the families so that they could “home school” Sunday School, Nonetheless, we thank our teachers: Linda Elkins (Primary Class), Serena Abruzzino (Intermediate Class), Lora Rung (Middle School Class), and Irene Joyce (Post-Confirmation) and the parents who had to take over and do the heavy lifting of making sure the kids watched our services and did the activity pages.
In 2020, the children, families, and teachers of the Sunday School:
- Sponsored Caroline, the church’s child in India.
- Watched a movie together during the Annual Meeting.
- Collected $202.25 for the Salvation Army in January.
- Enjoyed the Winter Retreat in February with their families at Templed Hills.
- Collected $20 for UCC Outdoor Ministries in February.
- Awarded scholarships to Robert Foley and Rachel Kovatich, class of 2020.
- Gave gift cards, cards, and books to all 2020 graduates from our church family.
- Collected $233.20 for St. Herman’s House of Hospitality in July.
- Had a drive through Rally Day celebration in September.
- Recognized resigning Sunday School Superintendent, Kristen Clotworthy in September.
- Collected $250.13 for UNICEF at our Halloween drive-through event. Thank you to Gina Cathcart and Bill Ritchie for procuring the pumpkins.
- Donated hats, mittens, scarves, gloves, and socks for the Mitten Tree project, which were distributed throughout the Cleveland area and beyond.
We were sad that our Sunday School Superintendent, Kristen Clotworthy, stepped down in September due to personal reasons, but we thank her for her energetic service and boundless enthusiasm. The families of the Sunday School look forward to being together as soon as safety allows.