Mary Ellen Zimmerman
- The Diaconate is responsible making sure the worship service runs smoothly. Those responsibilities include providing communion supplies, providing the oil for the candles, and making sure they get lit each Sunday, changing the sanctuary cloths according to the church calendar, making coffee for coffee hour, providing greeters and ushers every Sunday, keeping the pencils sharpened, and the pews supplied with envelopes. All of those duties were fulfilled once the church reopened and meeting in person.
- Diaconate oversees the nursery and that it is opened and has approved staff to supervise.
- The Funeral Committee and church members provided food for luncheons to church families who lost loved ones. One Funeral service was held during this calendar year.
- The Diaconate continues to pay for the CCLI license, which gives us copyrights of music, and this year we had to upgrade our license to facilitate online worship streaming.
- We give a keepsake book to the families of children who were baptized, which includes pictures of the church, the congregation, and a message to the family. Six baptisms took place in 2021.
- We celebrated graduations by posting pictures of the graduates on our Facebook page and the newsletter and in a special slide show featuring photos of our graduates during online worship.
- Donuts were provided this year on Halloween Sunday as a treat to the members and Christmas cookies were made by Diaconate members to enjoy after the Children’s Christmas pageant.
We decorated for the Thanksgiving season; we also decorated the church for Christmas. Diaconate also provided a small craft for the outside “Christmas Open House” that was able to be held again this year.
All are welcome to participate in the many duties that the Diaconate members oversee, such as:
Maintaining the Altar
Setting up Coffee Hour
Preparing and serving Funeral luncheons
Planning Special Events
Monitoring the Nursery
Coordinating Pastoral Relations and calling an Interim Pastor.
You do not have to be a Diaconate member (or even a church member) to volunteer your time and talent in the work of the church!
For a brief description of all of the Diaconate’s activities, click here.